Structural integrity is the foundation of health. NUCCA chiropractic spinal care is a powerful yet gentle technique to restore your body’s alignment. But scar tissue from severe (macrotrauma) or chronic injuries (microtrauma) may limit your body’s ability to achieve and maintain optimal alignment. The Percussor is an instrument that produces deep powerful vibrations. These vibrations release both superficial and deep fascial adhesions, helping to restore the integrity and flexibility of the fascial tissues. Breaking down scar tissue is a great thing, helping your body heal faster.
Fascia has properties that, like bone, allow it to carry electrical current. Fascial connective tissue is in constant communication with the entire nervous system. Unlike healthy fascia, scar tissue is inflexible, sticky, and doesn’t conduct well, leading to chronic pain and susceptibility to reinjure.
Percussion is used for many conditions including:
- Scar tissue adhesions and release
- Visceral manipulation (organ misplacement and fascial constrictures)
- Diaphragmatic spasm and hiatal hernia
- Release for emotionally related abdominal contractures
- Cranial suture fixations and misalignments
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) problems
- Spinal and pelvic misalignments and fixations
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand problems
- Hip, knee, ankle and foot problems